PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ
ALL OFFICIAL SCHOOL PLANS!
School Year 2020-2021 School Plans.
This fall, winter and spring, our school plans to offer blended learning, a mix of in-person days at school and remote-learning days at home. The default for all students at Liberation High School is to participate in their schools’ blended learning schedules. Want to Choose Fully Remote Learning? At any time of year, for any reason, you can choose fully remote learning for your child. This means they would learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). Remote learning includes live interaction with teachers every day, and every class includes live instruction.
Updated Blended Learning Protocols
Blended Learning Reminders
- Upon entering the school facility, staff/families/students will be asked to provide the results of their Daily Health Screening either by showing the email on their smartphone or a printout of the results. Copies will be provided to any who need it. Any individual entering the building can be subject to a temperature check.
- If a student fails a health screening or shows symptoms of COVID-19, the guardian of the student must be immediately contacted and advised to pick up the child. Emergency contacts will be used if a guardian cannot be reached. The student must be taken to the appropriate room (room 205 or room 200), and to wait for the guardian to arrive.
- If a student has a fever or is presenting any Covid-19 like symptoms, the BRT will be activated and all precautions will be followed.
- Masks are available at the front desk for students who do not have an approved mask. The DOE is not allowing bandanas, neck coverings or masks with vents. Everyone is to wear an approved mask at all times.
- Upon entry, students will go through the lunchroom where they will be able to take a Grab & Go breakfast to the classroom.
- Stairwell B (located in the lunchroom) is the “Up” stairwell. All students must use this stairwell to go upstairs. All students must use Stairwell A (Next to Mr. Stern’s room) to go “Down.” The middle stairwells will be closed.
- Only one student will be permitted to leave the room at a time to use the bathroom or get a drink of water.
- Laptops will be available to students if they do not come with their iPad. Laptops will be sanitized (wiped down daily), and students will be encouraged wipe down laptops as well. Students will not share headphones. Headphones will be stored in individualized plastic baggies that will be given out in the mornings and collected/sanitized at the end of the day.
- Students will receive direct support with assignments by content specific teachers when in class.
- The schedule includes a half hour (11:50 – 12:20) for student lunch while students participate in socio-emotional activities with support staff. All students will remain in their assigned pods during lunch. Lunch will be brought upstairs to the third floor.
- Cell phones will be brought to each classroom (pod) before dismissal and students will be dismissed one classroom (pod) at a time.